The Sales Account Manager/Marketing Associate is accountable to develop a portfolio of high potential and high value business customers in addition to providing relationship management and digital marketing solutions to a portfolio of Commercial businesses. The role has accountability to prospect for new clients and proactively manage the marketing needs of these clients. He or she will be seen as the “go-to” person for his/her assigned clients. This role will also be accountable to respond to call-in and referred customers on a regular basis throughout the week.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactive Sales (40% of time spent)
- Prospect for and develop a portfolio of high potential and high value business customers.
- Seek out sales opportunities by engaging mid size businesses, organizations and associations.
- Retain and expand relationships to achieve portfolio retention, sales, service, and profitability objectives, and proactively develop relationships with new business clients.
- Determine needs, identify opportunities, develop potential solutions and offer options to clients.
- Apply business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices and techniques to support the achievement of target level sales.
- Responsive Sales and Service (25% of time spent)
- Develop, implement, review and revise a quarterly rolling plan focusing on identifying client needs and opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding sales and service targets.
- Understand the client’s needs, discuss the campaign’s goals and coordinate with production to get the job done. Then report back to the client.
- Engage customers in a timely and systematically (at least once per month) to review all day-to-day and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Identify opportunities for expanding the current campaigns and understand when current initiatives are not producing the expected results.
- Provide efficient and effective response to call-in or customer referrals if/as/when required.
- Research new technologies and strategies for marketing both Cardan Marketing and our clients.
- Review and monitor sales, revenue and service performance against plan, identify gaps and share best practices.
- Contribute to business plans regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability, and portfolio growth potential based on knowledge of local marketplace.
- Marketing Admin (35% of time)
- Tracking and reporting on sales and service activities and outcomes.
- Tracking and reporting campaign changes, tasks done and assigned, and website updates.
- Scheduling monthly marketing meetings with each client.
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital marketing solutions, including Google Analytics, Adwords, Search Console and WordPress.
- Extensive understanding of marketing communications and the services/products associated with digital business growth and development, client acquisition and targeting, lead generation and branding.
- Ability to sell (and oversee) ongoing marketing campaigns, understand the logistics of how they work and their impact on business development (SEO, Adwords, Display advertising, SMM, Social Media Advertising and Print promotional materials)
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Relationship Management skills.
- Writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with good presentation skills.
- Intermediate or better math skills (multiplication, division, and percentages).
- Adept at sourcing relevant data and building business case models to advance ideas.
- Concrete selling experience in local market; understands pricing strategies, competition, and key suppliers.
- Prior experience in a sales/account management or customer facing role in the marketing industry.
- Business acumen: Must be able to “talk shop” with small and medium sized business people.
- Multi-year experience selling to small and medium sized business customers.
- Strong business acumen by virtue of prior experiences.
- Marketing, Communications or Business University degree or certificate.
- This is a mobile position that includes calling and client meeting activities.
- Laptop and mobile device required (phone with email and text)
- May be required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This could include occasionally working evenings and weekends to coordinate with our production team or meeting with clients.